The book “Geography of India”, is written mainly for candidates preparing for competitive examinations. The flagship title is entering its 9th edition. The book is an established manual and a bestseller in the segment. It’s a widely read reference book that deals with relevant topics of India’s geographical landscape in a systematic and comprehensive manner. The book is updated with latest changes in the status of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. All updates are inserted in the form of Maps, Data and statistics. Updated current events, especially to mention the Amphan Cyclone, COVID- 19 situations in India along with NRC, CAA, Vizag gas leak, Indo-China Issues, Locust menace and much more forms a part of this edition. Varied topics covered are Resources of India, different types of irrigation, cropping patterns of India, transport and public distribution system and food security, disasters and Government initiatives. It is also being increasingly referred to by graduates and postgraduates of the subject and by researchers and academicians.
- Completely revised book with latest amendments in India’s Administrative boundary for the newly designated UT of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Based on the current UPSC syllabus, strong in theoretical concepts, supplemented with additional original maps and diagrams
- Updated data and statistics
- Revised chapters on current affairs with topics like Urban disasters, cyber-crime and social media
- Thoroughly revised content on Niti Ayog, Integrated watershed development programmes, Government schemes and initiatives, National New Mineral policy 2019.
- Thoroughly revised chapters on Regional Development and Planning, Agriculture, Minerals and Resources, Transport and Communication systems in India
- Content represented in form of mind maps, flowcharts, tabular format and statistical techniques for better understanding.