India’s struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra is your go-to book for an in-depth and detailed overview of the Indian independence movement. Indian freedom struggle is one of the most important parts of its history. A lot has been written and said about it, but they’re still remains a gap. Rarely do we get to hear accounts of the independence from the entire country and not just one region at one place? This book fits in perfectly in this gap and also provides a narration on the impact this movement had on the people. Bipin Chandra’s book is a well-documented history of India’s freedom struggle against British rule. It is one of the most accurate books which have been painstakingly written after thorough research based on legal and valid verbal and written sources. It maps the first war of independence that started with Mangal Pandey’s mutiny and witnessed the gallant effort of Sri Rani Laxmi Bai. Many of the pages of this book are dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi’s non-cooperation and the civil disobedience movements. It contains a detailed description of Subash Chandra Bose’s weapon-heavy tactics and his charisma. This book includes all the independence movements and fights, irrespective of their size and impact, covering India in its entirety. Although these movements varied in means and ideas, they shared a common goal of independence. This book contains oral and written narratives from different parts of the country, making this book historically rich and diverse. The book captures the evolution of the Indian independence struggle in full detail and leaves no chapter of this story untouched. This book is a good read for the students of Indian modern history and especially for students who are preparing for the UPSC examination and have taken History as their subject.
1. The book provides Chapterwise Solved Questions of previous 26 Years 2. It indicates the nature and trends of the questions that are being asked in UPSC examinations 3. The whole syllabus of the book is divided into 5 main parts 4. It contains Solved Papers [2020-2017] for IAS (PRE) General Studies PAPER – 1 5. This book uses simple language for better understanding
- All new four-color edition.
- Comprehensive 4 sections: Visual arts, Performing arts, Culture of India, and Appendices.
- New chapters on Buddhism and Jainism & India through the eyes of foreign travelers.
- New appendix on Current affairs related to Indian Art and Culture
- Videos related to the chapters available through QR codes
- Keywords in every chapter highlighted in color
- Updated Previous Year Questions and Answers of UPSC Preliminary and Main Examination